Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Something I Can Do This Year That I Couldn't Last Year...

Well as you can probably guess by the title today's prompt is all about learning new things. It has been a year of many changes for myself and my family. The first and most important was the inclusion of my new siblings. This time last year We had barely found out about the two new additions that would come into our home. And we were certain our family was complete until Decepticon was born a few weeks ago. (Decepticon is what I call my youngest brother, mostly because I don't know the Latin name for ten that my father nicknames us when he doesn't want the little ones to know who were talking about). So I guess that something I couldn't do last year that I can do this year is hold enough love in my heart for all of my family members. Its quite odd to think you could love so many people at one time but it isn't so hard to do. On a more personal level I have learned to grow up for realsies this time. I have lived on my own before but I never had to support myself. I've lived out of state from a major part of my family but that was mostly surviving on the good graces if my older sister. Until recently I've done most of my living with various family members and even if I still live with one of my siblings I'm responsible for my own bills. I had to get a big girl job and I can't just get bored and leave it if I feel it's cutting too far into my nap time. I can no longer spend money on frivolous things or junk food and most of my paycheck is gone before I've even looked at it. However I feel it is the most productive I've been since I went off to college and it makes me feel pretty darn good about myself. Now all I have to do is convince some poor defenseless (attractive ) sap to get married and make babies with me.

4 comments:

  1. I'm very proud of you. For realises.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. Dad is really pleased also. He like it when you guys try to succeed. That's all he wants in life is to see you guys grow up "for realsies".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, just a reminder that once you convince some woderful sap to marry you and have babies with you, you will be changing your weekend schedule. Sleep will become a fond memory as will "me" time. In it's place will be the making of new, wonderful memories though. Well worthe the "trade off".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, to be honest, I still enjoy 8 blissful hours of sleep every night and enjoy plenty of me time. Maybe that's because I have baby rather than babies. *shrug*

    ReplyDelete